Saturday 29 November 2008

Critical Mass Legal!

Just found out via the Cyclist's Touring Club's e-newsletter that the law lords have stated that Critical Mass can go ahead without notifying police - see this report. And I see that it's an old acquaintance of mine, Des Kay, who has been at the sharp end of what seems to have been a protracted legal battle to prove that it is legal for people to cycle on the roads. I shall have to take part in Nottingham's Critical Mass now! Looking at those photos of October's meet, I'm sorry I chickened out.

2 comments:

Digbeth Slacker said...

Haven't been on a Critical Mass ride for about Ten years now, not sure if Birmingham still does them but think i'll have to dig my bike out and blow away the Winter blues :).

It's The Gardening Lady said...

Hello Digbeth Slacker, make sure you have some woolly gloves if you're winter cycling!!
I'd heard that Digbeth was being 'regenerated' (or spoilt) - is there any signs of this happening yet?