Friday 30 January 2009

New bike!

It's been getting more and more obvious that my current bikes are both too big. The tourer, a rather nice Raleigh Touriste, is much better now I've got flat bars, but the mountain bike (Hawk Trakatak) which I use around town is very heavy, and my knees have been creaking a bit... So, time for a new bike. I had fun looking at bike websites and getting a bit cross about the lack of decent budget bikes in a small size and not pink!!

I'd got my eye on an Edinburgh Cycle Co-op bike as I like the bikes and their outlook, and a few weeks ago saw that they had Revolution Trailfinders reduced by a nice amount. So I ordered one - my first new (really new) bike for nearly 20 years! It arrived all nicely packaged and nearly ready to ride, with some extra goodies with 'Revolution' and a big red star on them which was all good. But doh! I'd ordered a size too big... even I cannot get used to how short my legs are! Anyway, the really nice chaps at ECC sorted out collecting it and sending another one. Hardly cost anything extra. Lovely Scottish accents too.

Here it is:


I think you'll agree that it is a nice sensible commuting/canal towpath/days out bike. And it's not pink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that Blogger picks up trackbacks, so this here is a notice to that effect.

Frances Laing said...

Hi there Karen,
great to hear from you too, keep in touch, just shows how well you did with the OFA project doesn't it? regards from us
Frances
www.questionersgardentime.blogspot.com