Friday 24 October 2008

On Me Bike

If you need any explanation re the multiple meanings of this phrase then you weren't around in England in the 1980s. Even if Norman Tebbit was misquoted, he'll always be associated with telling unemployed people to get on their bikes and look for work. I'm looking for work at the moment (the theme of this decade it seems) and I like spending time with my bike. So it seemed a suitable blog title. However, I'm not going to spend much time boring readers (if there are any) and depressing myself with tales of job applications and interviews, nor is it going to be just about cycling.

I decided to start a new blog after looking back at my old one: CovBlog http://coventryblog.blogspot.com/ I enjoyed looking at what I'd written and photographed so much I thought I'd start again. I'm not in Coventry any more (part of the reason I'm looking for work) and I thought 'NottBlog' sounded a bit confusing. Anyway, people don't call Nottingham 'Nott' the way that people call Coventry 'Cov'. 'Nottnm' is more like it.

No comments: